What is Targeted Display?
Have you ever been scrolling through Facebook or a website and suddenly a flashy ad catches your attention? Those are banner ads that are highly targeted, reaching specific areas, demographics and groups with similar interests and even search history. Audiences who are exposed to display advertising are more engaged with the advertiser’s site and stay longer on it!
There is a reason it is called ‘Targeted’ Display. It allows you to target specific audience’s you believe your brand reaches. Through keywords, internet history, mapping, and so much more, Targeted Display allows you to put your particular advertisements in front of specific groups to reach consumers who would be interested in the information!
The 5 Benefits of Targeted Display?
- Track and monitor the ad’s results throughout the campaign
- Less expensive than many other advertising options
- Eye-catching and visually appealing to draw in customers scrolling on the internet
- Help familiarize the certain audience with the brand
- Allows for remarketing opportunities
Types of Targeted Display Advertising:
- Keyword Contextual Targeting – targeted based on specific keywords in content they read online
- Search Retargeting – targets people searching for certain keywords and/or phrases
- Site Retargeting – targets users who have visited your website
- Geo-fencing – targets people who visit specific locations, such as your competitor’s store
- Event Targeting – targets customers who attended specific events
Did You Know?
- 1 in 5 users who are exposed to display advertising conduct related searches for the advertised brands
- 1 in 3 users exposed to display advertising visit the advertised brand’s site
- Audiences exposed to display advertising are more engaged with advertisers’ sites, staying longer and consuming more pages
- Audiences exposed to display advertising spent more on e-commerce
- 72% of online shoppers are likely to abandon their shopping carts prior to purchase. only 8% return to complete the transaction. however, with retargeting campaigns 26% complete the check-out process
Marketing your business and brand through online display advertising allows you to reach customers who have similar interests to your industry. You have the ability to choose your target audience and spend less money doing it than other advertising and marketing options.
Not only can you target customers who have left your website or physical store, but you can target your competition’s customers with your specific ads. The sky is the limit with the potential customers you can reach through Targeted Display!