It is 2020. There are no more excuses for a business not to be active on social media. It is a free (to sign-up and create an account) tool for your business and is a great way to reach potential customers every single day while also giving them an easy way to search for your products or services online! Facebook, Instagram and Twitter are great tools to connect with others, within our own neighborhood and from across the globe.
Develop a real online marketing strategy and use social media to promote brand awareness, reach new and existing customers, and ultimately grow your brand’s social media and stand out from the competition!
Here are a few tips to help your business’s social media stand out from your competitors’!
- Spend your money on ads: Let’s be honest, a $5-$10 boost once a week on Facebook is not going to get you very many followers. Instead try either large Facebook post boosts (around $50+) once a week or large Facebook ads ($500+). Facebook ads are very customizable ads that reach more people than boosting a post and allow you to be more specific about who you want to reach! When it comes to social media, after developing a great marketing strategy, Facebook and social media ads are where you want to be spending your money!
- Frequent postings: 3-5 times a week is the sweet spot you want to be in when it comes to posting on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and other platforms. You do not want to post TOO often to annoy your followers and crowd their news feed. You want to consistently provide relevant, quality content to grow your brand’s awareness.
- Be entertaining: People come to social media to either look up information or to be entertained. You want to be able to provide both so that they enjoy looking through your social media page(s).
- Use strong visuals: When posting a video or picture, you want to make sure it is clear, colorful and right to the point. It should be eye catching, even if it is a preview of an article or video, so that makes the viewer want to click on it. This will bring up your overall engagement!
- Focus on now: Your following will not increase by 100 people in a single day. Rome was not built in a day. Building an empire takes time!
- Set goals: It is important to set goals. But also, important to know that goals take time to accomplish. Working through these third-party social media platforms, they control who sees your content, when, and how often. Set real expectations for your social media page because there is only so much in your control.
Social media is the perfect platform to quickly get the word out about anything! A sale or promotion your business is having or even a giveaway, are great things to endorse on your social media accounts. Don’t miss out on the FREE (if you choose) opportunity! Use it to connect with your fans and followers through your social media posts, shares, and messages. In today’s generation, having a successful social media marketing strategy is a key step to branding your business overall, not just online!